Saturday, October 3, 2009

On a Lighter Note

I have a new baby. He's an 8-week-old yellow kitten named Simon AND he's turned our house upside down.


My mature dog, Sweet Pea, wants to be his friend so bad that she's going to sprain her tail. Sweet Pea can't figure out why Simon doesn't understand her wagging as a a sign of friendship. In addition I have to keep reassuring Sweet Pea that I still love her. She's afraid I don't care as much.

My cat, Missy, is soooo ticked off about this thing invading her house. She stalks through the house trying to beat up the kitten. I haven't been able to get close enough to her to reassure her. She appears to be a little ticked off at me too for daring to bring that into her world.

And the irony is that Simon wants to be Missy's friend and is terrified of Sweet Pea.


Jeannie who raised Simon offered me Sam, his brother. As much as I love babies, I had to refuse. Children, whether animal or human, cost money. I have vet bills for three children now. I had to decide that three were enough.

FYI Jeannie has said if she were going to keep any of the kittens, Sam would be the one. I know he'll be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment